About Staples Education Foundation
2015 was the Staples Education Foundation’s (SEF) first year offering support and guidance to worthy Dilworth Students through our wrap around programme. The Trust Board and Executive have worked together to create what we believe is a first class programme to support Year 13 Students transitioning into university study in accordance with our objectives and values.
SEF has three key objectives for our programme. These are:
- To achieve a tertiary qualification
- To get a job (ultimately securing full-time employment in a career of choice)
- To give back to society
SEF has identified the values for our programme. These are:
- Clear focus on shared goals
- Achieve a tertiary qualification
- Get a job
- Give back to society
- Acceptance of responsibility for self
- Challenge and empower the students to take on the mantle of self-directed learning and responsibility for change and personal growth
- Honest feedback
- Emotionally honest relationships with everyone in the SEF family
- Work hard and smart
- Set goals and create strategies to create the best chance of success
The SEF Trust Board bring a wide range of experience to the programme both from Corporate and Not-for-profit backgrounds. The Board give their time without remuneration to support the Students through the oversight of the programme which is delivered by the General Manager.
To enhance the SEF programme, we have contracted a Coaching Psychologist to offer training, support and peer supervision to our Mentors.
In 2015, our Inaugural Year, SEF recruited 8 Year 13 Dilworth Students. These Students commenced their university studies in 2016 at either The University of Auckland or AUT University.
In 2016 SEF recruited a further 12 Year 13 Students who will commence study in 2017 or 2018.